Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of year to celebrate your joys with family and friends. Be thankful that your teeth continue to serve you well this season, especially if bountiful feasts are in your future. If you wish to continue having your radiant shine from your teeth, you must continue to care for them. Working overtime on your teeth one month does not preclude you from skipping out on the care of them the next month. Teeth must be constantly cared for.
Here are few important tips to remember about caring for your teeth:
– Stop by for a visit to your dentist at Adrienne L. Fang, DDS every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Eat a proper diet, and avoid sugary foods that are difficult to brush away, such as hard candy and chewy taffy.
– Due to cross-contamination, try to avoid sharing toothbrushes or storing next to other brushes.
– Brush your teeth and gums in two minute intervals, twice daily. Don’t forget to floss once daily as well.
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and fits comfortably into your mouth. Also be sure it can reach all areas around your teeth and gums.
– Replace your toothbrush at least every 3-4 months or earlier if your bristles are heavily worn.
– Look for toothbrushes and toothpaste that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
It’s important to stick to your routine, and not slack off on your oral health care habits. If you would like to set up an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. Adrienne Fang, please call us at 661-253-0588, to speak with a member of our friendly staff. You can also stop by our office in Valencia, California. Let us help you keep your smile shining bright this Thanksgiving!