Do you have any abnormal or irregular signs in your mouth that continue to occur despite trying to treat them as best as possible? Have you noticed anything irregular about your jaw or face that tends to stand out? If so, it could be a sign of deadly diseases such as oral cancer. To help determine if you are suffering from oral cancer, look for the following symptoms:
– If you notice signs of information including any irregular swelling or thickenings, it could be related to oral cancer. Other common symptoms include bumps, rough spots, and eroded areas around your head, neck, and face, including on your lips or inside your mouth.
– If you noticed any red, speckled, or velvety white patches in your mouth, oral cancer might be the cause.
– Unexplained bleeding in the mouth is often linked to oral cancer.
– A loss of feeling or painful tenderness on your face, mouth, as well as unexplained numbness, is often associated with oral cancer.
– Persistent sores on your face, neck, or mouth that bleed easily and do not heal within 2 weeks are linked to oral cancer.
– Difficulties chewing, swallowing, or breathing is often associated with oral cancer.
– If you have a feeling of something stuck in the back of your throat, have frequent sore throats, experience ear pain, or go through drastic weight loss, visit your dentist for an oral cancer screening.
If you would like to consult with a dentist in Valencia, California, you are welcome to contact Dr. Adrienne Fang and our team about your oral health care needs and wishes. To schedule an appointment at our dentist office of Adrienne L. Fang, DDS, call 661-253-0588.